Monday, November 19, 2007

My Life is Like a Merry-Go-Round

It's me, your delinquent friend. I am well- just running to get back on the merry-go-round. "What is she talking about?", you say. Well, I was explaining it to someone like this.....

My life is usually like riding on a merry-go-round....traveling the same path--round and round-- day in and day out. I get in a routine of how my day goes- morning, work, home, dinner, clean-up, and then some sort of relaxation- TV with knitting, or crochet, or letter writing- then to bed. Next day, do it again.

Once in a while, I jump off my merry-go-round to do something different either for pleasure or for work. It needs to be done, or I want to do it, but it throws me off my routine. Afterwards, I have to catch up on the things I missed during my journey away from the ride that is my life. And you know how when you jump on a merry-go-round that is already moving, you have to run and get up to its speed before you jump back on? Well, that is what it feels like while I am 'catching up' on the laundry, housework, those little things that piled up while I was gone. Anyway, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

From Nov 1-4, I was helping with a Kairos weekend at Pasquotank Correctional in Elizabeth City. I had one day at home and then had to go to Richmond for a couple days for a work meeting. Now, I know it has been 10 days since coming back from all that, but it feels like I just finally caught up and jumped back on.

So, how is your merry-go-round?

No comments: